Virtual Health Club Ltd “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), we are the data controller.
Virtual Health Club Ltd “We” remain compliant with the Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA) and in line with our internal retention regulations we hold/store personal information on your behalf which directly relates to you and the service we provide to you, once you instruct us to undertake your personal training and health related requirements. We hold this information, so we can do business.
- The information you may give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, health related matters, doctors name and address.
Information we collect about you.
- Each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our office number.
You should be aware we hold your records until you or we terminate our working relationship or the work we have undertaken is complete.
Virtual Health Club Ltd is conscious and very security minded and ensure all emails are sent from our servers, virus free.
Where We Store Your Personal Data.
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of our working arrangement and support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in a datacentre in Canada, Montreal.
Our emails are secure with SSL.
Emails are securely backed up daily and retained by the hosting for 15 days.
Any emails older than 12 months will be automatically encrypted and stored in a folder in a file and archived and appropriately deleted.
Any work which we have undertaken that falls outside the 6year period will be officially destroyed through a Commercial Confidential System or deleted from our secure server.
Some copies of your details will be kept on file for the work we undertaken on your behalf. And for continued testing and monitoring
We NEVER send emails requesting payment to alternative sort code and account numbers and will take no responsibility for monies transferred to alternative sources other than displayed on our official invoice.
Please always check with us first before transferring any funds.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. However, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, service providers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Virtual Health Club Ltd or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
ICO https://ico.org.uk/ Z9009997